Thursday, July 29, 2010

Midsummer Uulahh

'Tis Midsummer
& a warm mist falls
& so I will stretch out my tongue to its fullest extent
the stretching a downwards motion –
– for I have no jaw

& with lolling tongue draped moist along neck
I will crane myself back
& present my partial face to the heavens
to catch
& taste the soft rain
while flowers with women's bodies
cavort about my person

Such bliss
as was known
by things without form
in years
lost to memory

The flowers would have me sing
& so I sing
Uuuuulaaahhhhh

My fingers grope the humid air
to feel such yearning
& for every yearning fibre to find such contentment

'Tis Midsummer
& on all sides men approach, enshrouded
as a warm mist falls
the objects they wield indistinct, unknown
rifles, or brooms
or attachments from vacuum cleaners
- who can say
who can say

The flowers & I
convulse as one
& the flowers would have me sing
& so I sing
Uuuuulaaahhhhh

3 comments:

  1. I have a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches & if offered enough complimentary cheese & wine i will perform selections of my work at your party or function.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to see this event. I may even bring the kids (both of whom are developing a healthy sense of horror).

    ReplyDelete